Astro Assembly’s first game Multilytheus is now available. We have more information where that came from.
What is Multilytheus?
Multilytheus is a difficult abstract first-person puzzle game about navigating and understanding space. Watch the trailer:
Where can I get it?
How does it play?
It is best to discover Multilytheus slowly without someone else telling you what to do—even the basics. If you want to ignore this advice and get a sense of the mechanics anyway, you can watch this new gameplay video:
- Is your pinky getting tired? Do you want to be able to run all the time without having to hold SHIFT like the first sign tells you to? When you open Multilytheus, select the Input tab. Scroll down to the RUN Control and double-click on the entry in the Secondary column. Then press W. You’ll run all the time now whenever you’re moving forward.
How do you delete your save and start from the beginning? How do you save multiple files?
This requires a bit of work. On Windows, save files are stored in the registry, which doesn’t make it any easier, but here are some step-by-step instructions for each OS:
1. Search for regedit in the start menu and open it. Be careful! Don’t play with any of the files in the registry other than the ones I point out.
2. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Joel\MULTILYTHEUS. [“Joel” is my name. We forgot to change that before publishing the game.]
3. There are two save files here whose names start with the following: _Save_Game_Data_ and Slot1_RESUME__. Use the Ctrl key to select both files and then navigate to File –> Export… in the menu bar. Give your file a name and save it somewhere you won’t forget it. Then right-click on the two save files in the registry and select Delete.
4. Now open Multilytheus. You should be able to start a new game.
5. To reload your old save, first export the current save files from the registry. Then locate the file containing the old save data that you exported from the registry earlier and open it or import it into the registry. Your old save should be restored next time you open Multilytheus.
1. Navigate to the folder ~/Library/Preferences.
2. Locate the file named unity.Joel.MULTILYTHEUS.plist. [“Joel” is my name. We forgot to change that before publishing the game.] Remove this file from the folder and place it somewhere you won’t forget it.
3. Now open Multilytheus. You should be able to start a new game.
4. To reload your old save, first move the current save file out of the ~/Library/Preferences folder before locating the old save file on your computer and moving it back into this folder. Your old save should be restored next time you open Multilytheus.
- Multilytheus is available now. Get it for only $4.99.